Wednesday 16 March 2011

Death and Rebirth project development

Tayscreen has gotten back to me and unfortunately there is no way they can get me access to the abandoned Strathmartine Hospital, interior or even exterior. The Site Manager at NHS Tayside who is responsible for Strathmartine Hospital told Anna that the building is now privately owned by a separate company and is not allowing access to anyone.

The project can now go in two different directions. I can work from my primary images and secondary images from photographer's such as the user, Dazzababes on flickr. These were the original photos that interested me in the location. Click here for link.

The other option is to keep the same cinematic narrative but with a different location. I feel it is important for me to have access to the location and be able to re-visit to collect textures and record the light coming through at different times of the day. Im working with Anna at the moment to find a new suitable location. Time is a factor so hopefully this be sorted by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment